LAVA Hotel, Apia, Samoa
Completed February 2020
New Hotel, 49 Rooms, conference, restaurant, bar, pool area and gymnasium in Apia, Samoa
The Lava Hotel was an excellent opportunity for Statement iD to deliver a hotel procurement project in Samoa. Our Director Tracy Cook-Kelland has had solid experience delivering hotel procurement in the Pacific including:
Statement iD managed the complete FF&E Hotel Procurement and Installation for the Lava Hotel, Apia, Samoa a new build property in the pacific. This was a comprehensive new build project that included the full procurement management, as well as the coordination of containers ex. NZ to Samoa, running the install project team, alongside the local team and full responsibility for flatpack joinery and equipment in Samoa.
Key Capabilities of our team on this project:
- Statement iD develops budgets and the programme for all rooms, HOE and public spaces – reception, bar, restaurant and conference for the Lava Hotel.
- We worked with the Interior Designer on the specifications of all spaces.
- As with all our projects we create a complete mock-up room. A mock-up room is a full setup room space with all FF&E. The client and operator can then experience this first-hand for sign off and approval.
- As procurement professionals, we run tenders and tender reviews/recommendations for the project.
- Procurement of FF+E and HOE items on the client’s behalf, this is of course the key responsibility of hotel procurement.
- Handling the liaison with manufacturers for custom design furniture and joinery is something we specialise in as procurement professionals.
- And we monitor throughout the manufacturing process to ensure timelines are met.
- For this project, we managed and coordinated containers ex NZ to Samoa, along with the freight to the site.
- We manage the complete installation of all areas including contractors to install flatpack joinery and furniture items and equipment.
- Work through snagging with contractors and the client.
- The final stage is then the prepare Asset Registers for the client and operator.
Hotel Operator: Lava Hotel, Apia, Samoa
Designer: Ignite Architects
Product References from Statement iD’s furniture brands:Discuss Your Next Project